Monday, October 27, 2008

Sneaky Smurf


For the last six months or so, Noah has been growing more and more sneaky. Jonathan was mentioning that he noticed the same trait in her. He said it was a weird blend of feelings because nobody likes sneaky but there's such a cleverness in how she goes about it, you're almost proud. She definitely knows what she wants, I guess it's a good thing but they how she gets it drives me nuts. Today she kept sneaking back into my office, either when I was doing the dishes or dealing with Isaiah. She waits for the perfect time and then slips away and sits at my desk unscrewing the top to her Halloween flashlight because she wants to see what happens when she puts size c batteries where the size d go. Curious, creative, conscious of her surrounding, wonderful. BUT there's also this part of her that refuses to take no for an answer just on principle alone. For instance, today, each time I found her at my desk trying to switch the batteries she also kept trying to open a brand new car alarm battery. When I caught her at my desk she kept trying to open it and would ask a question about it, how does it work? why is it little? Can she have it? Of course my frustrated response was, "No, leave it alone." Period. And tonight when I decide to come back really quickly while Broderick is asleep on the sofa with Hardball and blog, I noticed that clever devil snuck back here one last time before she went to bed and opened my car alarm battery....at least she didn't try to hide it.

No comments: