Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sleepy Smurfs









This is a perfect example, everybody gets to nap except me, These pictures were taken while we were on vacation in Martha's Vineyard. It was our second year joining the Simmons and Thompsons. I love seeing the kids together. There are so many little kids, it warms the heart, to see them enjoy and like each other. Noah fell in love with Gigi, Rhonda's daughter who is five and all the pre-teen girls fell in love with Isaiah. I didn't have to worry about him falling off the porch or playing in the toilet because he had a harem of babysitters. There was one incident that showed how the week went - I needed to feed Isaiah lunch and the girls, all five of them, asked if they could do it. They organized themselves and each got a spoon and gave him one bite. Then a few days later they did the same thing but decided to start with the person who went last, last time. We loved being in the Vineyard so much that we've decided to rent a bigger house (so we can take a few real sitters) and go for two weeks. I'm glad to be leaving the blue house, as I still believe it's haunted, even in a good way. Next year the kids will be really easy at the Inkwell. Isaiah will be two and Noah will be four. They're playing together right now. They think it's so fun and funny to crawl and tumble on the futon in my office. I had to hide the chalk because Isaiah puts it in his mouth and looks like he swamp thing with green drool or demonic with red slobber. I don't understand why he likes the taste of chalk!

No comments: