Thursday, October 23, 2008

Noah & Team Thompson Boys




I'm sure I'm going to have my feminist card revoked because I secretly hope Noah and Matthew fall in love, of course when they're much older...I mean much older. Or at least very good friends. There are many aspects of my life that I am grateful to have - one of them are good friends with kids and husbands and lives we can be honest about with each other. I feel blessed that my children may grow up spending two weeks a year in the Vineyard with two families that share our values. I am grateful that I like my husband, most of the time. I am thankful to have friends whom I can trust and laugh with - laughing is really important to me. I can't believe that I have a mother who doesn't pester me or try to run my life. One of my biggest wishes is that she would come live with us. I regret that she doesn't live down the street. Most days when I walk the neighborhood I picture moving my mom and John and their two dogs into one of the houses in the square - or that Broderick and I buy one of the REALLY big double lot homes and giving my mom this place. I imagine a guest house where my dad and Doreen can come and stay for long periods. Maybe I'm naive or dumb or corny, but I'd really think I would enjoy having everyone on the same block.

No comments: