Friday, November 30, 2007

Perscription for stress - cupcake kisses.



Isaiah is perfect. No really, I’m serious. He’s the cutest thing with his bell-pepper nose and his gummy grin. He’s a gigglepus. It’s crazy all these books on baby sleep patterns and sleep training but ever since I went boot camp on Zay Zay, he’s happier. Plus starving myself of all the good things helps his skin and the itch. When he’s grouchy I know exactly what he needs be it boob, crib or clean diaper.

Today it was a rainy southern California day. We stayed in all day, and yes, Noah watched a butt load of Noggin and Sprout. When her art class got canceled, I was relieved. I swore I wouldn’t be one of those moms, and I wasn’t. No TV for my kids, but I was also stressed the heck out trying to be creative and engaging every minute of every day. Now, the TV is on more, but we sing more and laugh more, mostly cause I’m more relaxed. I also pop Vallum like tic-tacs when nobody’s looking and keep a dobbie in my back pocket. Actually, I sip herbal tea that helps relieve stress and promotes lactation. Oh, Lawd have things changed. Something is working because I am truly enjoying motherhood, this week, at this moment.

Tonight was a perfect Friday. We walked over to the McIlhageys and Noah played and fought with Kenna and Kadin and also took it upon herself to walk upstairs and use their potty. She emptied it and washed her hands before I found her. She loves changing her panties, in case you’re wondering what to get her for Christmas. Pink panties make her so happy. We stopped and talked to a new neighbor and got a tour of his house – this neighborhood is big on that. Everyone is so proud of bringing the old bones of a home back to life. I can’t make fun because we’re just as excited as the rest of them. In fact, Broderick lights up when he gives a tour and even has a “before” book he explains prior to guiding the new person through our home. When we got back to the house Rebecca (the cleaning lady) was finishing up and we did some organizing. I really enjoy organizing things, closets, schedules, underwear drawers, spice racks – the neat order of things brings me crazy peace.

Isaiah sat on the bed with Noah as she was mesmerized by the Backyardagins and now I can’t get “We are badbot, robots that are bad,” out of my head. Then we came down stairs and I started dinner while Noah kept Isaiah busy by spinning him around in this activity center and repeating 3,000 times, “Hi Zaya,” like a crazy person. We ate together in front of 2 or 3 channel flipping basketball games while Isaiah squealed and screamed with delight about his toys. He is so loud you really can’t hear anything else. It’s time to start giving him tastes of food – but I have got to go shopping. I want whatever he has to be organic and I have to make double sure it’s something he’s not allergic too.

Broderick has had a rough week at work with marketing, tracking, this slate deal and just the regular everyday evils of Hollywood. But when he sat down to read Noah her bedtime book he melted, and next thing I knew I heard a little voice talking about her pink boots and buying some eggs. The duo made a quick run to the store and came home to make cupcakes. Noah licked the batter off the mixer (no it wasn’t plugged in) and Broderick scraped the bowl clean and they gave each other cupcake kisses from her spot on the kitchen counter. She wore her apron and gave orders like usual. It’s 10:15 and Zaya and Bean are asleep and Broderick is eating cupcakes in front of the xBox.

No comments: