Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Crazy dimpled lunatcis


Isaiah has been doing better with his food allergy or it might be all our hard work training him to sleep through the night. He’s been doing it off and on, and last night it was on cause his little butt slept straight through. I’ve been feeling the benefit of having slept 6 straight hours all day. I’ll announce he’s offically “sleeping through the night” if he does it again tonight. Wish us luck.

This morning we got up. Broderick pulled his hamstring at his NBAe game last weekend and hasn’t been able to go to the gym – so he’s been here helping. We got the kids up and dressed and fed and then dressed again. I made a pot of chili to cook all day for dinner tonight and then got Isaiah and Noah bundled up – it’s probably around 55 degrees – and took a walk. That’s my time to listen to my iPod (just finished Adrianna Huffington’s Becoming Fearless) and exercise. Both the little nuts fell asleep and I took them home and put them in their beds.

Delmy came over after they woke up and they played and sang in Spanish. Noah got the “no more diapers talk” this weekend. We waited to get Isaiah’s sleep down before we started another battle with the troops – but she’s taken right to it. The first few days we had a timer set for every 45 minutes. Within a few days later she would just tell me if she had to go. She gets to wash her hands (something she thinks is a privledge) and flush. She also gets to pick out a sticker and put it on her chart once she’s gone. She loves her pink panties – actually she loves anything pink. Today she told me, “It’s easy.”

For a while after Isaiah got here she wanted to be the baby, now she points out all the things she can do that Isaiah can’t. “Isaiah doesn’t have any teeth. Isaiah can’t read a book. Isaiah can’t go potty.” She only sat on him about 15 times and he’s got red marks everyday from all her kisses.

I try to keep them on a routine for the benefit of the whole house. After dinner Noah gets her bath and I change Isaiah for bed. Noah’s brave enough to finally lie back in the water and get her head wet. She also asks me before she does anything, usually at the top of her lounges. “Mommy! Can I lay back?!”

To get Noah to sit still enough for lotion and pjs I draw a face on her belly. Tonight she realized they don’t all have to be happy faces and asked for a “mad face.” All the while Isaiah chews his fist and anything he can get into his mouth. I think his two bottom teeth will be here by Christmas – maybe cut through by Thanksgiving. He’s so big and aware. He’s started to reach for me in the morning when Broderick brings him to bed. He smiles all the time and loves Broderick’s nose. Noah is also into picking her own, which I remind her to do with a tissue. Somedays she remembers and says, "Mommy I have boggers, can I pick my nose?"

Tonight Broderick got home in time to read Noah two books. Although he has to stop every other word because she has commentary and ideas about the characters and pictures (already producing the story.) Then Broderick and I switch and he burps Isaiah and Noah and I say our prayers (mostly I ask God to help Noah to listen to mommy.) Then it’s fingers wide and arms reached for our blessings. She always starts with Nana and ends with Isaiah. The names in between are everybody from family to neighbors to Nemo.

And now our dimpled lunatics are fast asleep. They are crazy, delicious wild things.

1 comment:

Yummerson said...

Interrupting made me immediately think of someone and it's not Noah. :-)

I love you and I'm glad you started this. At least it's not myspace and not all bloggers feel they're self important. I used to use it as a release. I no longer have time to release. :-)