Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wanted: PRESCHOOL


Noah is so ready for school. In fact, she's bored with me most days because I'm such a mother of two that she rarely gets time alone with either of us. Tonight, I let her stay up late since Broderick had a meeting so I could spend some time with just her. She shines when she has me to herself. Happyland promised us they'd have a spot for her this month and then forgot all about us. Now, we have to wait until July. LA is a nutty place - there are waiting lists for preschools and daycare doesn't exist in my area unless you consider people putting a jungle gym in their front yard and them hiring their family members to watch the kids. So we wait. I'm bummed out because I think she's missing out on a lot of attention, social interaction and fun. She doesn't interact with people well. She's shy and it takes a while for her to warm up, if she does a all. She doesn't answer questions like, What's your name?" from stangers or either of us.

Here she is with her friend Ali.

No comments: