Thursday, February 7, 2008

Letter to Hillary Clinton

February 4, 2008

Dear Senator Clinton.

I am writing you today to express my disappointment with you, your staff, and your husband. My family, friends, and community have long been supporters of the Clinton family. We’ve read your books, financial supported your campaigns, paid to see you speak and rooted for you all they way. Lately, thought, I have noticed a shift in the support that you long held with many of the democrats in my circle.

When your campaign started I was intrigued and excited about the potential of a brilliant, qualified, passionate and left leaning woman to hold the highest office in America. As a woman I was cheering for you to kick all these men’s behinds at their own game. Shortly after you lost your lead, you lost your way. I saw what the “right wing conspiracy” has seen for a long time ago. My circle has been defending you and Bill for years. We truly believed they were out to get you. I still believe they are out to get you, but I now know why. You give off a sense of entitlement and seem to be able to do anything it takes to get into office. You think the behavior of you, Bill and your staff is acceptable because it’s what’s best for us. What’s best for ALL of us is that the country and the varying shades of Americans are united and proud.

You claim feminism with every breath but I don’t buy it anymore. You seem to be an extension of Bill, not a strong woman standing on her own.

You will do a fine job as President, but the means to get you there are ruthless, dirty and yes, racist. You have left your henchmen to do your dirty work and then pretend it was none of your doing. No one who is paying attention believes you. I have seen your staffers first hand and I find them to be pushy, mean and aggressive.

I will no longer support you or your husband. I hope you don’t get the nomination because the republicans have the facts and the fire to crush your campaign. If do you get into office, the republicans won’t work with you just for spite. It’s an unfair situation, but you have brought a lot of their wrath on yourself.

I am disappointed with your, yes YOUR, behavior. You have lost my vote, my prayers, and my support. I’m not the only one. We are all disappointed with you. You cleaned up your act too late and not because it was right but because it backfired. You were tactical is fueling misinformation into the campaign knowing it would play out with racial overtones. Shame on you.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Johnson

1 comment:

Heather said...

You go girl!
You are reminding me of Rob with her letters....whenever she is upset by something that's what she does. Way to put it out there. Something that you feel so strongly about.
Sorry I missed the dinner. Sometimes family gets in the way. I wished that it had worked out. Glad you had a fabulous time though.
Your kids are dolls...getting so big.
I wanted to tell you that we loved (us sisters that is) PS I Love You. I hope that it did well for Broderick.
Talk to you soon.