Thursday, December 20, 2007

This piggy went to the market



Wow, it’s been three weeks since my last entry. So it’s been about three weeks since I last sat down. I probably sound like every other mom when I say; I have to start earlier next year.

There are so many things that happen every day with the kids that I want to write down. For instance, a few days ago I was getting Noah dressed for bed and I noticed her feet. Both my children have the most delicious feet I have ever seen. The picture of her feet I carry in my head is still that of square little baby feet where all the toes line up perfectly. But when I saw her feet the other day, I noticed they were long and skinny and her toes looked like regular people toes – mismatched and irregular, a true mix of mine and Broderick’s toes except unblemished, young and un-stubbed. The homage to what our feet used to be before Basketball, flip-fops and nasty doorways. It’s not enough that I am reminded everyday with her language, ideas and requests that she is not the baby I see in my heart. Now her little baby feet are gone. They have grown into beautiful, perfect little girl feet, but I miss them terribly already. This craving of her baby feet is a message from God to cherish those little boy toes I have now with Isaiah. Did I mention how delicious my children’s feet are?

No comments: