Monday, April 7, 2008

Princess This and Princess That



It's insanity. She has a wand, a crown, dresses and jewels and she puts them on and takes them off several times a day. Her favorite thing to do is play dress up. Today I moved her regular clothes to the top dresser drawers. She's constantly finding reasons to change outfits. And her criteria for "matching" is that there's pink or purple in both pieces. She loves skirts and dresses and would prefer to wear her ballet slippers all day and to bed if she could. She also asks everyday for tights that she doesn't own. I bought her a pair of pink floral biker shorts that she puts on every morning and will pull the out of the dirty clothes. On Friday mornings when I do laundry she goes through all the piles and has wardrobe changes while I do the wash.

A few nights ago I went to see Sweeny Todd with Jenn. Noah requested I wear a black "spark-a-wee" skirt and told me, "Mommy you will look beautiful in this." She also was so excited for Jenn to see my outfit because "She is going to say you look beautiful mommy." The dress conversation went on the entire time I got ready. Noah likes to hang out with me in my closet and move things around, like earrings and Obama pins with tweezers. She told me that I looked like a princess and asked, "where's your wand, you need a wand to do magic."

No comments: