Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Neighborhood Ball


My janky camera is broke so the majority of my DC - inauguration pictures are blurry. Plus, all my pictures of Obama are from afar so I'm waiting for someone to publish a book on the week's events. The Balls were pretty dang boring, but I admit, living in LA has spoiled me. We attended the Illinois State Society Ball along with 7,000 other hot sweaty people - they had bags of free Kraft products and tractors to pose by. Needless to say, we didn't stay long. As soon as we were able to drive up the building and I wasn't given a pat down, I knew the Obama wouldn't be attending. That ball was the night before the Inauguration. The Neighborhood Ball was the one they televised and was AMAZING. A bunch of folks performed and Beyonce sang, "At Last" as the Obamas danced the first dance of the evening (or one of the first.) We finished with the Mid-Atlantic Ball and I think The Grateful Dead was performing, I was almost dead with boredom and fatigue by tha point. We did meet Cory Booker and made plans to help him out in LA. We waited for the Obamas to dance and saw Barack hold Michelle up and dance for a few minutes and leave - they looked exhausted. I will skip the balls next time, unless they have something like the Neighborhood Ball.

No comments: